Howard dropped by to show Gregg (a new-bee) how to install a package of bees in a new hives. First the top was removed, then the queen cage was inspected and set a side. 

264ef28c 1c66 424c b7b6 bc5c96d7cecb

Then the bees were shook into the hive that had a few frames removed. I was extremely impressed with how gentle the bees were through the entire process.

4e39f263 c51d 452b 8a97 f29d0ed74f45

Then the queen was installed between a couple frames after the cork was removed from the candy end of the queen cage. 

ae80e9ad b11c 4fe6 a22c f9a08870ce7b

It was nice having a mentor to guide this “new-bee” through the process. 

932d7598 f68a 4855 9292 07638c3a913d

Yep, that’s a Folgers plastic coffee can that I made into a feeder, seems to be working just fine. 

563a44f5 2af8 45df b470 8a6232c40ff2

About a week later the hives were inspected and all was going well. The queen was out of her cage and doing well in hive #1, the other was almost out of her cage so we decided to let the workers continue to do their job on the second.  Two days later she was out and doing well. It’s all good!